Saturday, October 27, 2007

Over Coffee

"Do you miss him? "

"I don’t know. Maybe. "

"What do you mean maybe? You either do, or you don’t. "

"I guess I haven’t given it much thought. So, the times I do.. I guess, yeah. Other times, no, just doesn’t seem to matter. "

"Why do you do this? "

"Do what? "

"This. Pretending you don’t feel as much as you truly do. "

"Because I don’t. What’s the big deal? "

"Don’t you want to be happy? "

"You’re joking, right? "

"No. why would you say that? "

"What makes you think that I’m unhappy, for God’s sake? "

"Well…. "

"You’re daft, my friend, kind, but daft. I am not unhappy. Haven’t been for a truly long time! "

"So you’re saying you’re happy with your life? With how things are? "

"Aren’t you? Are you? "

"Me? "

"Yes. You. "

"Hey. I’m the one asking the questions here. "

"Ahah. Defensive are we? "

"Oh Shush! You like doing this, twisting and turning things around. "

"Hahahaha! No, really. Sigh. Ok. I am not unhappy, I wouldn’t say that I am absolutely thrilled with life every single day, but for most of the days, I am .. content, pretty much, very contented with life. How’s that? "

"Even with all that has happened? "

"Even more so. "

"You’re strange. "

"Hahaha. Which makes you a stranger creature to want to hang out with me.. and the rest. Now. If all of us were strange, that would make us pretty much normal as amongst ourselves, wouldn’t it? "

"I don’t know why I bother sometimes! "

"Because you love me, my dear, because you love me! "

And hearty laughs ensue, as they usually do.

No comments:

 
TopOfBlogs