Monday, February 16, 2009

Labyrinth

I left that labyrinth
that tangled, wrangled burrow of unending maze.

The scars that healed over time, that very long time,
had taken the might and drained all energy,
leaving only
this endless lethargy.

I dare not approach that labyrinth again
I wish not to venture into that obscurity, that uncertainty.
I cannot anymore pledge this soul
that I have often over-pawned
yet unable to seek its redeem
without a hefty price paid - that now
in this destitute,
is beyond my destiny


once, I took the so called path untaken
braving all risks
for that dream of gain
only to be living those nightmares of pain


Forgive me, both my soul
and the heart that now asks of mine
I fear there will never be,
at any path, in any lifetime,
the longed and pleaded, sacred entwine

No comments:

 
TopOfBlogs