Monday, February 16, 2009

The Ticking of the Moments

The ticking of the moments,
once gone unnoticed
Now pierces mercilessly,
bringing deafening silence
Taunting,
the loss I wished kept hidden
Preying,
the hushed thoughts of my despair.

I fear I have lost what was not mine to begin with
Yet was so that it seemed within my embrace.
Again, I had stepped into the forbidden land
I saw was enticing.

I savored those moments,
and I breathed in each lent glory
But as fate may have it
my cover comes away
And become I a trespasser caught in a field of nothingness
nowhere to hide, to run
to seek flight,
not even in the mind

I await the punishment
none seemed forthcoming
Yet all so overbearing, overwhelming.

No motion, no movement can I make
Even if I had wanted to.
the vastness of this emptiness leads to no particular direction
again.

To this, I resign,
as accept I must
my destiny, void of whatever reason,
though if given
would not have been taken.

I have but lost all desire to accept
Yet - in fear to returnto that path of deepened obscurity,
that this standstill
becomes most welcoming.

No comments:

 
TopOfBlogs